Symptoms of chronic knee dysfunction may take the form of:
- Gradual increase in soreness, stiffness, and discomfort
- Swelling and tenderness especially after periods of inactivity
- Knee stability, such as giving way or locking of the knee joint
- Range of motion restriction affecting stair climbing or fully straightening the leg
The net result of chronic knee dysfunction for many people is the loss of functional mobility, which makes many of life’s daily activities difficult, like walking, managing stairs, and playing with the grandkids.
Functional Health Institute’s approach to knee pain focuses on more conservative methods to help the body heal itself instead of more extreme methods involving drug therapy, cortisone injections, and/or surgeries.
The result of the treatment program is the reduction of discomfort in the knee, increased flexibility, stimulation of nerve paths, increased strength, and overall improved knee function.
We holistically treat the knee with multiple techniques designed to restore functional mobility with:
- Trigenics – integrated manual manipulation that resets the communication between the brain and the body decreasing discomfort and inflammation, assists in tissue healing, and increases strength and flexibility,
- Cold Laser Therapy – safe, non-invasive therapeutic lasers that reduce inflammation and scar tissue and repair damaged cells allowing the body to heal faster.
- Electroanalgesia — Safe electrical current that reduces discomfort using high electrical energy to block pain.